Monday, May 9, 2011

Have You Ever Fallen for these Vegan Myths?

If you have fallen for any of the myths below, I highly recommend you check out this article that breaks each item down for you. To be honest, I haven't really thought about #4 or #5 and I am still apprehensive about #1 (for multiple reasons that I will discuss someday). #2 is the one that I was already certain of, because I recently explained to a friend why I would eat plants and not meat since plants are also living things. I definitely draw the line based on a being's physiological and biological traits which would allow it to have perception, awareness, feelings, and a capacity for pain.


1. Myth: You need to eat meat to be healthy.


2. Myth: Plants feel pain too.


3. Myth: Vegan foods are expensive.


4. Myth: They're destroying the rain forests to make tofu.


5. Myth: Cows have to be milked.


Again, the article link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment